Friday, January 31, 2014

5 on Friday

I hope to keep up with doing either a 5 on Friday or a Friday Funny post every week. They're kind of fun to do and I enjoy reading others'.

1. Last weekend Brad's mom came over to watch Brady for a couple hours, so we could go out and shop for a new mattress and bedroom set. We've had the same Target bedroom furniture since we moved in together 9 years ago. The dresser drawers are all out of line and don't close correctly anymore. The mattress sinks down on each side where we lay and there is a huge hump in the middle. It was time! I'm so excited about what we bought. I've been wanting an upholstered headboard for a while now, and surprisingly Brad was on board. We bought a pretty traditional cherry wood dresser and two matching nightstands. And...we upgraded to a king-sized mattress! We won't even have to touch each other anymore! Seriously though, I prefer to sleep sprawled out, especially in the summer. I cannot wait!

2. Brady slept through the night 2 out of the last 5 nights. I wasn't joking when I said he is a horrible sleeper. I think he was like 5 months old the last time he slept through the night with that frequency. It's amazing what not being sick does for his sleeping. Please keep your fingers crossed that this continues. Mommy has over a year's worth of sleep to catch up on!

3. Next week we are going to see Luke Bryan...for the 4th time. I kind of love him. As much as I would love to see Nirvana or Sublime in concert, it will never happen, so Luke Bryan is the next best option. I will cry when he sings "Drink a Beer" like I do every other time I listen to that song. I contemplated buying this shirt. I'm not sure Brad is a fan though.


4. I am holding myself to a strict no spend February and March. By no spend, I mean no more buying clothes. I had some Christmas money to spend, but I did go a little crazy this month. I bought a top from Modcloth, a pair of jeans on sale from American Eagle, the 2 items I bought from Stitch Fix, and I spent my lunch hour Wednesday in the clearance section of Target. I bought this in the navy check pattern, this, this, a $10.50 navy blazer similar to the one I got from Stitch Fix, and a pair of grey ankle pants for a whopping total of $67. Most of these items I got cheaper in the store than they show online. Don't forget to download the Target Cartwheel App. There are some great deals out there. I also got this top from Target. The link on their website isn't working so here's a picture. It's hard to tell, but it's a really cute owl print.


5. I have a heavy heart today. One of my co-workers from my previous job passed away yesterday. She had breast cancer about 12 years ago, but fought it and was "cancer free" until about 3 years ago when they found that the cancer had metastasized (moved/spread) in her liver. She just couldn't quite fight this time. She was so strong and would never tell you that she was feeling horrible or in pain. She continued to work 4 days a week through chemo treatments. What breaks my heart the most about all of this is that she was only in her mid-50's. She has two young daughters, one who is a freshman in college and one who is a junior in high school. I am so sad for them. All of my prayers are with her family right now.

I also have a confession. I started typing this post yesterday, 100% thinking it was Friday. I was about half way through and realized it was only Thursday. Mommy brain at it's best! Hope everyone has a great weekend! Go Peyton Manning!

No comments:

Post a Comment