Monday, January 6, 2014

What We've Been Up To

I thought I'd do a review of 2013 since I last posted in June.

July
Just thinking about summer, makes me really depressed about the -50 wind chill today. Please remind me why I live in Iowa! We had some of Brad's family over for the 4th of July. Brady had too much fun with his cousin Blake and fell asleep before the fireworks. We also took him to the local parade, but he was still too young to really be interested, plus there were massive amounts of people. Brad and I both turned 30 in July. Womp, womp. I was actually really down about it, but turns out 30 doesn't feel any different than 29. We celebrated by going to a local 2-day outdoor concert with Brad's brother and sister and their kids. It was Brady's first concert! A first of many I hope. We also went to a pool party at Brad's Brother's house. It was a perfect day for swimming. Brady loves the water and was in heaven.



August
The Mississippi Valley Fair was in town - a concert every night for a week. My mom came to stay with us so Brad and I could go. It's a great time. We saw Toby Keith, Josh Turner, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Jake Owen. We also took Brady one night to see the animals. He especially liked the cows and horses.

September
Brad and I went to Nashville with his brother and sister and their significant others. I highly recommend it! Live music everywhere you go. It's hard to come back. We had beautiful weather in September. The leaves on our tree tend to change color and fall early, so Brady had so much fun playing in the piles!



October
I started a new job. I was in a really bad place in my previous position. The change was a good one. We took Brady to a couple different pumpkin patches. It was also Brady's first time Trick-or-Treating. Even though he was so shy when anyone came to the door and wouldn't say anything, he got lots of candy, which mommy and daddy ate most of!



November
November and December flew by. As soon as the holiday hit, things get crazy. My parents recently divorced so in order to spend as much time as possible with each of them, we had Thanksgiving the weekend before, we spend Thanksgiving day at home, and then had another Thanksgiving at Brad's Brother's the Saturday after. I also received my first Stitch Fix in November. It's a clothing/accessories service. You go to their website, fill out a personal style profile, tell them about yourself, and sign up to receive a fix. You pay $20 up front as a styling fee to cover your personal stylist's time, shipping, etc. You receive a box of 5 pieces from your personal stylist. They send you ideas of what to wear each piece with, which is nice for someone like me who needs help in that department! You try everything on, keep what you want, and send back what you don't in the postage paid envelope that they have prepared for you. If you don't keep anything you don't get your $20 back, but if you keep 1 thing or all 5 things, your $20 will go towards them. Andplusalso if you keep all 5 things you get 25% off everything. I don't have any pictures of what I received, but I plan to post about future fixes since I love to read others' reviews. I kept two of the five items because of my budget at the time, but I really liked everything that they sent. My next fix is scheduled for January 24th! If you're interested, sign up for Stitch Fix here. You get a $25 credit for each person you refer.

December
December was even more crazy. We took Brady to the Festival of Trees. There was an Elmo tree, so of course that was his favorite. We had Brad's work Christmas party the 14th, Christmas with each of my parents the 21st and 22nd, and then Christmas with Brad's family the 27th and 28th. Brady had so much fun seeing everyone and was anxious to wake up every morning to see where Buzz, our Elf on the Shelf, was going to be. We visited Claire during the snow storm on Christmas day. She has some more company now. It makes me so sad that so many others have gone through the pain of losing a child also. The Holidays are an emotional time.



Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment