Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stitch Fix #2

Let me preface this post by saying a few things:
1. I am not a fashion blogger. I wish I was, but it's just not going to happen.
2. These pictures were taken at 9PM last night after I had worked 8 hours, came home and cooked dinner, played with a toddler, and gone through the whole bedtime process with him. There was no time for fixing my hair or makeup. Please don't judge!
3. I realize the night time lighting in our house is horrible and that our bedroom mirror is filthy. I'll try a little harder next time.

Ok, now that that is out of the way. I received Stitch Fix #2 yesterday! I actually scheduled it to come Friday of last week, but we'll blame the Polar Vortex on it being late. This one was even better than the first! I opened up the box and at first glance thought, "I'm going to want to keep the whole box." Everything was my style, although not all things I would pick out for myself in a store, which is the point of Stitch Fix.

If you're not familiar with Stitch Fix here is a quick overview:
Go to the Stitch Fix website. Create a login and fill out the Style Profile. Schedule a fix. There is a little bit of a waiting period. A personal stylist will pick out 5 items for you based on your style profile, and mail them to your home. You pay $20 as a stylist fee upfront. The $20 then goes toward what you purchase. When you receive your items, you have 3 days to try everything on and decide what you want to keep and what you want to send back. If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount. If you keep nothing you do lose your $20. Send back what you don't want in the prepaid envelope. Fill out the survey online about what you kept and didn't keep and why, and you're done. It's so convenient!

I didn't take pictures of everything that I received the first time, but here are the two things that I kept. I wear the scarf probably once a week. I love it! And the blouse fits perfectly and looks good layered or on its own.


Here is what I received this time around. I forgot to take the obligatory picture of the open box, but here are the stylist cards for each item.



Liverpool Colleen High Rise Straight Leg Jean - $78
Status: Sent Back
I loved the color of these. Unfortunately, with high waist pants, I need to size up, so they were a little too tight for comfort. They were also a bit long. If these would have fit, I probably would have kept the whole box. After the 25% discount it would have been about the same to keep all five items as it would have been to keep these and the two items that I did end up keeping.


Renee C Taber Foldover 3/4 Sleeve Sweater - $58
Status: Sent Back
At first glance, this was my least favorite item. I didn't like the foldover neckline. I have broad shoulders, so I didn't think it work for me. The fabric and color are great, but after trying it on the first time I still wasn't liking it. See the picture above with it folded over like the styling card shows. It felt awkward and bunched up every time I moved my arms. I wanted to like this so I tried it on again and styled the neckline similar to a cowl neck. I looked better on me that way.


I thought I was going to buy this one, but after looking at it closer, there were a bunch of loose threads around the bottom. I'd be nervous to wash this, so it's going back.

Fun2Fun Burgdorf Diamond Printed Henley Blouse - $48
Status: Sent Back
I loved everything about this top, but the color. It just didn't work with my skin tone and hair color. I tried it with a cardigan like the styling card showed, but if I was going to keep this top I would prefer to be able to wear it on its own.



Daniel Rainn Kieraly Heart Print Short Sleeve Blouse - $68
Status: Kept
I actually requested this after reading others' reviews. It's a little more than I would usually pay for a blouse, but the heart pattern is just perfect. I had pinned the cream colored version on my Pinterest board, but I think I actually like this navy version better. I don't have a great picture of this one, because I pretty much knew I would keep it. I'm pretty sure this is now my favorite article of clothing. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can wear this one without a cardigan or blazer.


41Hawthorn Benson 3/4 Ruched Sleeve Blazer - $78
Status: Kept
I had also requested either a blazer or a vest similar to ones from my Pinterest board. I was so glad they sent me this blazer! I will get so much use out of it. The grey color is great and will go with anything. I also love the striped inside lining.




I don't get anything for writing this review, but if you are interested in trying it out, I get a $25 referral credit if you sign up using my referral link: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3161248.

I highly recommend Stitch Fix. It's so convenient, especially for us moms whose current shopping trips consist of using the handicapped or family dressing room and spending more time trying to keep your child from crawling under the door than actually trying on clothes. The items are a little more expensive, but I've learned that you get what you pay for. We just bought a new mattress and bedroom set, and we're going to Hawaii in May, so for budget reasons I probably won't schedule another fix until April with the hopes of getting some great items to take on our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment