Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Why?

My aunt's first born baby girl, Jennifer, was still born. Needless to say, my aunt was a huge support for me after I lost Claire. I received a very sad text from her yesterday. The text said that her friend's daughter's baby girl, Serafina Rose, has joined Claire and Jennifer in heaven. They had been trying to have a baby for years. So devastating. Why does this happen? I know SO many people who have had a serious pregnancy complication or who have lost a baby, whether it be miscarriage, stillbirth, preterm labor, etc. There are most likely others that I don't know about who have kept it private. Seriously, why does this happen? I have no explanation. I never will. It breaks my heart to know that yet another person is now experiencing the absolute heart break that we have experienced. This is something that stays with you the rest of your life.

I would give anything to go back to the time when I thought you could get pregnant any time you had sex, and that if you did get pregnant, it meant you would have a healthy, baby boy or girl 9 months later. No pregnancy complications, no birth defects, no labor, delivery, and post-delivery complications, no SIDS. I was so stupid naïve.

Please pray for Serafina's family. I know Claire and Jennifer were up there welcoming her with open arms, but that doesn't make it any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment