Friday, January 10, 2014

A Friday Funny

Let me start by saying that Brady is a terrible sleeper...STILL! I thought for sure that once we stopped nursing and after he turned 1, he would just miraculously start sleeping through the night. I was terribly wrong. I don't know how I function most days at work. I guess I do have plenty of "mommy brain" moments. The other night I asked Brad a question and his response was, "You just asked me that 5 minutes ago, and my answer is still yes." I had no recollection of asking him that question. Oops! It's also possible that I have a little bit of selective hearing, but I'm blaming that one on mommy brain.

Anyways, because of Brady's terrible sleep habits, there are mornings when he gets up when I do at 5:30 AM. This means that he has to stay occupied until we eat breakfast at 6:45. He's too young to sit there and watch TV, so he finds other things to keep him busy. These things usually consist of opening and emptying all of my bathroom cupboards and drawers. This leads to my makeup, lotion, hair products, pads, tampons, and anything else you could think of being strewn about my bathroom floor. I've learned the hard way that you really have to pick your battles. I don't have time in the morning to fight this battle, so we have many moments like this.



This was a while ago and is pretty tame compared to the usual destruction.

I have to laugh about it. The last couple of times, he's pretended to use my eyelash curler, and then hands it to me and says, "Mommy's turn." I die. Brad is so proud that his son knows how to use an eyelash curler.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment