Thursday, January 16, 2014

A "Girly Girl" I Am Not

Although I do want to bring awareness about congenital heart defects and other birth defects, and let those who have experienced loss know that it's ok to still grieve and have bad days, I don't mean for this blog to always be sad or depressing. My goal is to let other baby loss moms know that there is life after loss. It is possible to get back to a sense of "normal".

Those that know me in real life, know that I am a very sarcastic person. I cuss like a sailor, love sports, especially football, and am not at all a "girly girl." I could care less about what's happening on "The Bachelor", or if my nails are painted, and I am not going to pretend that I know anything about hair, makeup, or fashion.

Fortunately, Pinterest was created. I am mildly obsessed with Pinterest. There's probably already some other new thing out there that's even better than Pinterest, but it's working just fine for me. I've learned about Stitch Fix via Pinterest (and a message board) and have become more than obsessed about searching for Stitch Fix reviews via Pinterest. People have probably stopped following me because of my massive amounts of Stitch Fix pins. I saw on my account that they are working on my next fix. It is scheduled to arrive next Friday. The wait is killing me!

I have learned that there's an eye shadow palette out there called Naked from Urban Decay, and although it's $50, it's something that every girl should own. There's even 3 different versions now, but as a green-eyed girl, I stick with #1. The next thing on my list is learning how to contour and apply foundation. Aside from dance recitals, I have never worn blush in my life. Gasp!


I've learned how to curl my hair like the Victoria's Secret models, and that no matter how many different ways I try, my hair will not curl with a straightener. I didn't even own a curling iron before. I bought this Hot Tools one on sale for $30 at Ulta and it's worked great.


You're probably laughing at me for being so un-knowledgeable, but growing up, I was taught how to braid my hair by my aunt. She moved to Arizona when I was still in elementary school, and that was the end of my hair and makeup training. I'm really enjoying all these new discoveries. It's helping me feel more feminine and grown up. I am 30 now and have a kid, so I guess it's time to be an adult. Maybe someday I'll even start painting my nails or get my first pedicure. I don't foresee me watching The Bachelor anytime in the near future though. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment