Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Chance to Breath

It's been a week since my last blog post...oops. I had no intention of that happening, but this is literally the first chance I've had. My boss was on vacation for a week and a half leaving me to cover her job on top of hiring approximately 15 new people. My life has been chaos. This is the first day in over a week I've been able to sit down and have lunch at noon and, fingers crossed, be able to relax and enjoy my lunch break without any interruptions.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be busy at work, but I also love my lunch breaks. I think everyone needs a break sometime during the day to stop thinking about all things work-related.

Being a full-time working mom is hard stuff. The last week has been rough. My brain is mush. I told Brad last week that I feel like I've used up 150% of my brain. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't know how else to describe it.

We had a little getaway over the weekend and took Brady to a water park with his cousins. It was such a nice break in the insanity and Brady had so much fun. We were a little hesitant about going, because we went last year and the water was cold, we had to stay in the baby pool because Brady was just too little still, etc., but it was much better this time. He was able to go down the slides, wanted to play in the main pool area, it was just all around a much better experience. It was a much needed fun weekend for all three of us.

My boss is back to work now, most of the 15 people are hired, and I see things gradually slowing down a little bit. Hopefully I'll be back to doing at least a couple posts a week. Honestly, it helps me to write about what's going on, but I have a whole post in the works about that topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment