Monday, March 10, 2014

Another First

Brady had his first haircut on Saturday. As you can imagine after 21 months, his hair was pretty long. I am a huge fan of long hair on little boys. (Go ahead, call me a hippy.) But we were verging on a mullet guys. I decided it was time. I really just wanted him to get a trim, but as you'll see it ended up being quite a bit more than just a trim.

Brady did really well. He wouldn't sit by himself in the chair even with daddy getting a haircut next to him, so he ended up on my lap. I think that calmed him down because he sat perfectly still the rest of the time. The guy even used an electric shaver towards the end and he was fine.

My mother-in-law couldn't believe it, but I didn't save any of his hair. I know it's probably a mommy fail, but seriously what would I have done with it. Of course we have some of Claire's hair. She had a ton of beautiful dark hair. We wanted every bit of her that we could to take home with us since she didn't get to come home with us. I just didn't feel the need to keep some of Brady's hair I guess.

Here's a picture of his new haircut and blue mouth and face from the sucker he got for being so good. I think he looks even more like a little boy now. He wasn't too thrilled about taking pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment