Friday, March 7, 2014

5 on Friday

I missed a 5 on Friday or Friday funny last week. I worked late and then we were in the midst of packing for our waterpark trip, but I'm back this week! It's nothing too exciting, just some things that have been going on with us the last couple weeks.

1. We've been working on counting with Brady lately. I by no means expect him to be able to count yet, but he seems to catch on to things pretty quickly so we thought we might as well give it a try. I know they also work with them on numbers, colors, etc. at daycare. Well, he counted to 5 last night! I got him started with 1 and he went from there. Slowly, but he still did it! I'm not sure it's a consistent thing. If I asked him today, he may not do it, but we know he can if he wants to.

2. I am addicted to Diet Pepsi. Like you don't want to be around me if I don't have my one a day. I know the aspartame probably isn't the best thing for me, but I can't drink regular pop and don't drink coffee, so this momma needs her caffeine somehow! I will not drink it during my first trimester of pregnancy so I've got to get my fix in now.

3. I confirmed the reason why I got back in to working for a non-profit yesterday. I was at a career fair at a local college. A gentleman stopped by who formerly served in the army, and is now suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). He made the comment about looking for something where he could help others who have been in a similar situation as him. When he was at his worst, the only people he wanted to talk to were those who have been through the same thing and really know what it's like, so now he wants to be that person for others. I was so happy he stopped by. I do have the perfect job for him, and I hope it works out.

People say I'm too empathetic, and maybe that's true, but he was all I could think about last night. I have not been through what he has, but I knew 100% what he meant about only wanting to talk to those who have been there. After we lost Claire, I felt like the only people who could really understand how I was feeling were those who have also been through a still birth. Talking to him made the 3 hour, non-busy career fair worth it.

4. This one could have been a Friday funny. I almost wish Brad had taken a picture of how ridiculous I probably looked. I fell asleep on the chair last night with the lap top in my lap, email open, hands on the keyboard. I'm drained, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5. Parenting is hard work. I call BS on anyone who says that their marriage is so much better after having kids. Marriage is hard work in itself, add in kids, especially one entering the "terrible twos", and things can get pretty stressful.  I'm not going to go in to details because that's ours to deal with, but we have gone through a bit of a rough patch. I think we both have our frustrations. Communication is key and we need to work on that. Lack of sleep doesn't help either. We'll get through it, we always do, we love each other, and we love Brady to no end.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment