Friday, April 25, 2014

5 on Friday

I haven't done one of these in a while!

1. Brady got the all clear from the ENT on Wednesday! Everything is healing and looking as it should with the tubes. He doesn't have to wear ear plugs in the bath tub anymore. Yay! They're kind of a pain to keep in an almost 2 year old's ears. He's had a cold the past week or so and his ears still look great. This is such a huge relief for us, and for him too I'm sure.

2. We leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks. Holy crap. I'm excited about it, much more so than I was when I wrote a post about it a while back. I am still really anxious about leaving Brady for that long, and for the plane ride. We can SKYPE or FaceTime with Brady as much as we want and I will just have to suck it up with the flying. You bet I will be stocking up on some Dramamine.

3. I have a confession. I broke my February and March shopping ban....badly. Although this is no excuse, we finally got some good shopping around here. A new strip mall with a DSW, Banana Republic Outlet, Gap Outlet, and Charming Charlie's opened up in March. I couldn't resist. I love to shop, even with Brady in tow (at least most of the time). Our best local options for clothes prior to this were Kohls and Target, so yeah, this was really exciting for me. I've gone a little crazy. I tell Brad that it's for our trip. He kind of believes me. After going in to Charming Charlie's for the first time, I was almost overwhelmed with the amount of jewelry to pick from. It's a great store. They also have really cute, affordable boutique-like clothes. I was never big on accessories, but I've really been in to statement necklaces lately. I just bought a bunch from Forever 21, so I'll share those with you and do a review when I get them. They really do add a lot to an outfit.

4. I think I've also gone a little crazy with the clothes and accessories lately, because I know we will be trying to have another baby soon and my shopping days will be over until after the baby is born. I have enough maternity clothes from my 2 previous pregnancies that I do not need to buy more. The only thing I could think that I may need are some skinny jeans/pants. It is starting to get real that I may be pregnant again some time in the next few months. Yikes! Am I ready? Yes and no. I think Brady is ready for a sibling. He will be a great big brother. I'm also feeling better about things now that he has tubes and is sleeping better. I'm not as worried about being pregnant, sick, and up in the middle of the night every night with him anymore.

5. You know what I can't stand? The people at work who you say hi to and get no response. I just don't get it. How hard is it to say hi to someone? Or at the very least give a little smile. I work with some really wonderful people, but as in every office there's always those few people that are just plain not friendly. What can you do, I guess. I'll still say hi to them. Maybe one day they'll change their mind!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment