Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! Yesterday was beautiful around here. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The Easter bunny brought Brady some sidewalk chalk, so that's what we were doing all morning until we had to drag him inside for lunch. I knew he would like the chalk, but holy cow he LOVED the chalk. After his nap, we went over to the in-laws for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. We had a wonderful and very busy day.

I find myself loving the holidays so much more now that we have a kid. The build up and planning to get them excited about it makes me excited also. But you know what I hate about the holidays (at least more so on the holidays). The fact that our baby girl is not here with us to celebrate and that we have to go to a cemetery to be with her. Of course we went yesterday and took her some fun spring decorations. Brady was very excited to go see Claire Bear, and always says bye to her when we leave. It melts my heart and breaks it all at the same time.

Since I haven't blogged in a while I thought I would also update on the craziness that has been our life lately. After waiting about 6 weeks to get in to the ENT, Brady finally had his appointment. Brady borderline failed the hearing test on his left ear, and had fluid in there still from a previous ear infection. After telling the ENT how many ear infections he's had in the last 6 months, coupled with his genes from Brad, there was no convincing him to put tubes in Brady's ears. Brad had surgery 2 days later and we have seen a noticeable different already. He's slept through the night 4 of the last 7 nights. This is unheard of for him. We go for our 2-week follow-up on Wednesday. Fingers crossed everything looks clear.

For a while, I was very against him getting tubes. I'm all about the natural remedies, chiropractic care, etc., but his sleeping was horrible which I was scared would affect him developmentally, it pained me knowing how much pain he was in during the depths of a double ear infection, and I was tired of him being on antibiotics ALL.THE.TIME. He was already immune to Amoxicillin.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes things are medically necessary. This was genetic for Brady. Brad had the exact same issues when he was younger and had tubes. It was inevitable. I honestly feel bad that we didn't do it sooner. This will be such a wonderful change for Brady. We're looking forward to a healthy, fun summer!

I had to share these pictures. You know you watch too much Doc McStuffins when your kid comes up to you, lifts your shirt up, and says, "Time for your check-up." Brady is very in to checking our moles right now and Brad has way more than I do, so he's usually the patient.




No comments:

Post a Comment