Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Surprise

At my weekly appointment on Thursday I was tested for Group B Strep and had an internal. I was shocked when my midwife said, "Dang girl, you are 4 cm and 60% effaced." Umm what!? Last time at 4 cm I was already at the hospital and in quite a bit of pain. I've had no contractions except for some random Braxton Hicks. She said I could be stuck at a 4 for a week or more, or he could come any time. Since it's Sunday and he's still not here, I'm guessing I'll be stuck here for a while.  On the up side, I'm really hoping that being this far along already, will help in my plans to have a med-free birth. I don't care what other people say about the epidural (I've been there done that too), the after effects for me were terrible.

I almost wish I didn't know. Our hopes were up that he would come this weekend, but it's now looking like we'll be at work on Monday. I'm secretly crossing my fingers that the full moon tomorrow will work some magic. I am so ready for him to be here. It's pretty much been 2 years in the making.

I also wish that we hadn't told our families. I get multiple texts per day from mine asking if there's any progress and Brad gets daily calls from his family. People, do you really think that he's here already and we're just not telling you?! We'll let you know when something happens, but there's nothing new to tell.

Please cross your fingers for some labor progress. Thankfully it's nice out, and I can go for a very long walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment