Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Score!

I had remembered hearing something a while back about breast pumps possibly being covered by insurance now. Since I knew I would need one and had shopped around and found that the one I wanted would be close to $300, I figured it couldn't help to call our insurance provider and ask about coverage before dropping that kind of cash. Sure enough, pumps are covered as "durable medical equipment". I had to get a prescription from my midwife and take it to a medical equipment store, but it's well worth the extra couple steps in order to get a free pump! I guess the point of this post is to make sure that any of you mom-to-be's out there call your insurance provider before going out and buying a pump on your own. You might be pleasantly surprised what they tell you.

Wow, I can't believe it's been 11 months. One more month would have been Claire's 1st birthday. I can't wait for Brady to be here, but I hope to God that he doesn't come on the 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment