Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good and Bad Days

As expected, I have good and bad days with dealing with all of this. Today was a good day. I stayed busy at work and hardly thought about what the future holds for us and Claire. Monday, on the other hand, was a very bad day.

Let me start off by saying that the abundance of cards, emails, phone calls, etc. that we've received mean the world to us. I'm honestly amazed at the kindness of some people. I'm not going to lie, I cry every time I open another card and read the thoughtful things that people say. Monday was just a little overwhelming. When I got home from work we had a package on the front porch from my aunt. I opened it up and it was full of onesies and newborn outfits. I know she means well, but opening that up just tore me apart. It made me so sad that these cute little outfits may never be worn by our baby girl, that they may sit in her room in the box for God knows how long. To me they are one of the constant reminders that our baby may be with us for only a very short time.

My Grandpa also called me on Monday just to let us know that they think about us everyday and are praying for us. I still get emotional having to talk to others about it, so you can only imagine how that phone conversation went.

As far as updates, I really have none. We had another ultrasound last week and didn't see anything new, which I guess is a good thing. We don't have another ultrasound and fetal echo until May 11th. At that time we should have a much better plan for when the delivery will take place and somewhat of an idea what to expect after she is born.

1 comment:

  1. Hello fellow Bumpie.
    <3 I just wanted to say, you are not alone. I know how alone you are feeling... trust me- I had a very rough 2 weeks. =*( I know I cannot say or do anything to make you feel better hun, but I will say to stay strong and have faith. God works in mysterious ways... and I am praying for you and baby Claire. I am thankful we have been in contact, and we dont have to do this alone. PLease let me know if I can help in anyway... or if you just want to talk/vent. (hugs) msanchez1125@hotmail.com Stay STRONG for Claire <3 -Melissa

    ReplyDelete