Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Different

First off, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

It's amazing how different pregnancies can be. This time around is nothing like my first trimester pregnant with Claire. I've been so sick this time. Not physically sick (yet), but picture your worst hangover and then imagine feeling like that all day every day. It's great. I'm really hoping I only have another week or two of this. With Claire I had bad days, but nothing compared to this. Maybe I should have taken that as a sign, or maybe it doesn't mean anything. I know some people feel great their whole pregnancy. I hate them!

I've also been way more emotional this time around. I cry at the drop of a hat. I'll share an extremely embarrassing moment. Brad and I were at Hy-Vee when I was about 6 weeks along. About three fourths of the way through my grocery list, I thought I was going to get sick. I ran to the bathrooms, and of course, they were closed, they were remodeling. The only bathrooms where outside and portable. I would have gotten sick for sure going in one of those, so I just stepped outside and got some fresh air and calmed down. Brad kept shopping. I went back in the store figuring I would see him right away. Nope, I walked through the entire store at least 3 times and went back outside to check if maybe he was at the car already. He wasn't. I then started tearing up in the middle of Hy-Vee, when I finally found him. He was laughing at me while I was wiping my eyes as we checked out. It was great.

The cravings have been completely different as well. Last time Mexican food sounded horrendous and this time I could eat tacos every night! People say maybe that means we're having a boy this time. I hope it means that we have a healthy baby.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been feeling so rotten. I hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this pregnancy also means a lot to you, making an already emotional time even more demanding. Continuing to think about you!

    ReplyDelete