Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Little Vent

I go back to work on Monday. This makes me very sad. I haven't posted in a while because I've been trying to enjoy every single minute these last couple of weeks. My mother-in-law will be coming to our house to watch Brady. She already watches our nephew who is 22 months. This should be comforting for me, but it's not. I can't imagine going back full-time and only seeing B first thing in the morning and not again until 4:30 when I get home.

The in-laws came over tonight and we had mother-in-law give B a bottle. It didn't go so well. He was very fussy and cried a lot. She has given him bottles multiple times before just fine. He was having a fussy night, but of course they made me feel like he wasn't taking the bottle tonight because I breastfeed him and don't give him bottles all the time. I was finally able to soothe him and MIL is now worried that B doesn't like her, etc.

I broke down after they left. I'm sorry that I love my child and give him all of my love and affection while I'm home with him. Of course he knows me and of course I can soothe him since I'm the only one who has done that for him so far. There is nothing wrong with that, and no one should make me feel that way. I'm sorry that my first baby died and I had 1 day to hold her and love on her. Of course I am going to love Brady with everything I have. I do not deserve to have people make me feel like my way of parenting is not right. 

Sorry for the vent, but I had to get it out. This next week is going to be so hard for me.

Here's a recent picture of Brady. He is now 13 1/2 lbs and 23 1/2 inches tall. That puts him in the 90th percentile!


2 comments:

  1. You frustration is understandable, MILs have a way about them. Brady will adapt. You will never regret all of the cuddles and snuggling you had these past couple of weeks and don't let anyone make you feel bad about that. Good luck Monday, I'm 3 weeks behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not right?! no way! You are an awesome Momma. That is how it's supposed to be. A bond between a Momma and her baby is like NO other, ever, hands down. You are right here. He came from your body, your body still sustains his life. Of course you're going to be the main one to comfort him :)

    ReplyDelete