Saturday, February 11, 2012

Myths Busted

Sorry to burst your bubble if you're a believer in old wives' tales, but I no longer put any stock in any of the pregnancy old wives' tales regarding the baby's sex.

Myth #1: How you carry the baby
The myth is if you carry high you will have a girl, if you carry low you are having a boy. I'm pretty sure I'm carrying the exact same as I was with Claire. I'm not seeing any difference.

Myth #2: Baby's heart rate
The myth is that a boy's heart rate will be under 140, a girl's always above 140. This little one has always had a heart rate at 150 or above. In fact, the first couple times we heard his heart, the heart rate was in the 170's.

Myth #3: Your cravings
The myth is if you crave sweets you are having a girl, if you crave salty food or meat you are having a boy. I honestly haven't had too many cravings this pregnancy, besides Dairy Queen. However, I've gone crazy with the Valentine's Day sweet tarts and candy hearts. So much for the sweets meaning girl!

Myth #4: Your looks
This myth says that a girl steals your beauty, while a boy gives you the "pregnancy glow".
Yeah, there's no glow here! My face and fingers are getting chubby already and my skin certainly isn't clear and bright.

Myth #5: Morning Sickness
This myth says you will have much worse morning sickness with a girl than a boy. It was the complete opposite for me. I was so sick (luckily not throwing up sick, but still bad) from about 5 1/2 weeks til about 12 or so weeks this time around. With Claire I had my moments, but nothing like this time.

So, there you have it. We pretty much debunked all of the most common pregnancy myths.

No comments:

Post a Comment