Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thankful

As I was driving home from work today through what little "downtown" our area has, seeing the homeless and underprivileged, I suddenly realized how many things I am thankful for. I am thankful for my husband and the fact that we were brought together in Mexico of all places. I am thankful for our families and all of the support they have given us through the years. I am thankful for our home and the fact that we both have great jobs. I am thankful for our dog. I am thankful for the fact that it only took us a couple months of trying to get pregnant. I personally know many people who have been trying for a year or more with no luck. We know that if Claire passes, we will have a second chance to start the family that we have been dreaming about. It's terrible and extremely upsetting what is happening with our baby, but there is always someone going through worse. I know this has happened to us for a reason. This whole experience has and will continue to change our lives. I truly think we will be better people when this is all said and done.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this-you are an inspiration (as is Claire). No matter how "long" her story is, it will be a beautiful one. Your ability to face each day with such grace is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say it any better than Cassidy did. Know that lots of people are thinking of you daily and rooting for Miss Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a positive outlook. Just letting you know I am still praying for you guys and your little Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more with Cassidy.... continuing to pray for your family!

    ReplyDelete